JustSystems, the largest independent software vendor in Japan and a worldwide leader in XML and information management technologies, today announced the availability of XMetaL Author Essential. The move gives the company’s European resellers, systems integrators, and other partners, as well as large enterprise customers, a full-featured, XML-based authoring tool that can be integrated into their broader structured content solutions.
“XMetaL helps organizations get to market faster with information products by bringing structure to managing high volumes of valuable content,” said Aaron Deitcher, vice president of North America and EMEA for JustSystems. “XMetaL Author Essential extends those advantages to our European partners, who are looking for best-of-breed XML authoring software to integrate with the solutions they are bringing to market, as well as large enterprise customers that want to customize and integrate their in-house systems.”
Inside XMetaL Author Essential
XMetaL Author Essential lets content creators efficiently create information that can be repurposed into the languages and formats demanded by content recipients. JustSystems partners and customers can combine XMetaL Author Essential with content management and publishing systems of their choice to deliver a solution that can be used by writers and reviewers even without XML knowledge.
Highlights of XMetaL Author Essential include:
- Ensures the validity of XML documents, keeping authors focused on creating value-added content
- Provides flexible interface and multiple views, allowing authors to work in a simplified, word processor-like environment, while providing power users access to all aspects of a document’s structure and code
- Allows authors to create reusable content, improving the consistency and quality of deliverables, while reducing translation costs
- Accelerates custom integrations with high-level APIs that support both open source and commercial systems
- Optimizes the entire user experience and ensures high adoption with configuration options that meet specific needs of content creators and unique workflows
- Offers unparalleled support for industry standards and interoperability with enterprise applications
- Ensures a familiar work environment and avoids costly, locked-in proprietary technologies by taking advantage of standard programming languages, development environments, style sheets, access protocols and all major XML specifications
Nick Mongston, EMEA sales and marketing director for JustSystems, said, “In today’s current economic climate, we have provided an industry-leading solution to enterprise customers looking to save money in the deployment of XML authoring solutions. XMetaL Author Essential gives European organizations the ultimate authoring solution to generate large volumes of information requiring customization, personalization, or distribution in multiple formats and languages.”
Pricing and Availability
Recent News and Resources
JustSystems is a leading global software provider with three decades of successful innovation in office productivity, information management, and consumer and enterprise software. With over 2,500 customers worldwide, the company is continuing a global expansion strategy based on its xfy enterprise software, XMetaL content lifecycle solutions, and its pioneering work in enabling XBRL financial reporting technologies. JustSystems is one of the 2008 KMWorld 100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management, a 2008 EContent 100 member, and was recognized on the 2008 KMWorld Trend-Setting Product list for XMetaL. Major strategic partnerships include IBM, Oracle and EMC. For more information, please visit http://www.justsystems.com
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.